Leather Furniture: A New Trend That Gains Popularity
In interior design, furniture plays one of the main roles. No matter how neat and stylish your home design is, it will never look complete without furniture.
It is the last touch that can either make or break a space. That’s why choosing the right pieces is a win or lose endeavor that should be approached with decent care.
Should you opt for a minimalistic style or look for something more unique? It is hard to tell for sure what style you should choose because it is an extremely individual matter.
However, one thing we can say for sure is that leather furniture would be one of the best picks in 2020 as it is one of the main trends that keep gaining momentum!
Is It a New Big Thing?
Speaking of interior design, it is impossible to avoid leather furniture. For many decades it was considered an indicator of style that adds the notes of luxury to your space.
What are the main pros and cons of choosing leather furniture? Here are the key points worth mentioning.
- Cleaning – needless to say, pieces made of this material are extremely easy to clean, which is great. As a rule, all you need is to wipe it with a cloth to remove dust or stains;
- Comfort – leather pieces are high-quality and comfortable. We bet that once you buy it, you will never want to leave it!
- Maintenance – leather doesn’t wear off as badly as fabric, so its maintenance is generally simpler;
- Durability – pieces made of leather (especially of a high-quality material) are extremely durable. They can serve you for many years and still look “new”;
- Style – it is not a new trend. It has been around for a while, and there is another good reason for that. At all times, leather furniture has been considered a stylish and elegant decoration of a room.
- Price tag – for many people, high price is the biggest drawback of items made of leather. Indeed, buying such a sofa or chair will be much more expensive than purchasing an item made of alternative materials;
- Usability – in general, leather is a great material in many ways. However, the longer you use it, the more evident it is that you will find its disadvantages. For example, it can get too hot to sit on such a sofa in summer or, on the contrary, too cold during winter.
Top Furniture Trends to Consider in 2020
If you are working on a design of your perfect home right now or if you just thought of changing some of your old furniture for a new one, you are probably searching for some fresh ideas to get inspired.
Although interior design is a pretty unique and individual matter, certain flows can’t be neglected. Apart from leather furniture, there are a few more trends to anticipate in 2020.
Here are some of the worthy ones to keep in mind:
This year the main shift in interior design will go towards natural and organic materials. Apart from leather, trending materials are wood, rattan, steel, rock, etc.
In 2020, the texture doesn’t seem to lose its popularity. Professional interior designers claim that texture is a new way of making a visual statement.
We’ve seen a rapid rise of the eco-friendliness trend in all different spheres of our lives, and this year won’t be an exception. In 2020, even home designs should be eco-friendly, meaning waste reducing and sustainable.
Another highlight of 2020 is a blend of traditional and modern details in furniture. Designers are balancing between traditional lines and modern details to create truly unique styles.
Finally, the last but not least exciting trend is sculptural furniture. This term basically refers to any piece that looks modern and somewhat unusual.
Interior designers assure that such pieces can be a nice and stylish addition to any interior, so this is something you should also keep an eye for in 2020.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right furniture is a responsible and important step. Make the wrong choice, and your design will look incomplete in the best case.
However, pick the right elements, and they will contribute to the overall aesthetic of your space.
Hopefully, this article will help you get a sense of the biggest trends of the year. Leather materials, accents on texture, sculptural and modern lines, as well as classic details – these all are the right choices for 2020.
About The Author: Steven Haywood is an observer of educational achievements and goals, motivated with the wishing to encourage people exploring the world around and break their limits. Strong educational background and a wide work and life experiences helped to collect a great foundation of knowledge to share with a young minds having insecurities in their studies. Currently is part-time working as a content writer at Essay Pro.
Photos by Cater Yang on Unsplash & Design photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks