How To In 60 Seconds
In this 60 second how to video by Alure’s COO Doug Cornwell, he shows you how to caulk an exterior door. This easy do it yourself fix, can help save you money on your energy bills.
1. When you open up a tube of caulking, you want to make the smallest hole possible.
-Hint: You can use a utility knife for this. Remember, less is more!
2. Use the pin attached to the caulking gun to pierce the tub and allow the caulking to flow.
3. Insert the tube into the caulking gun.
-Hint: Make sure the tube is snug in the gun
4. Take a couple of squeezes to make sure the caulking fills the top of the tube.
Hint: If you’re a beginner, practice on cardboard
5. Always start up at the top corner and work your way down.
Hint: You want to keep constant speed and pressure – if you are pressing hard on the gun, you need to go fast
6. When done, put a little water on your finger, and lightly go over the top of the caulk to make sure it’s bridging both surfaces.
-Hint: Grab a paper towel to wipe the caulk off your finger when done.
And you have a brand new caulked door!
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks