How To In 60 Seconds
In this DIY 60 second fix, Doug shows you how to repair a damaged screen.
– New Screen
– Utility Knife
– Spline Roller
1. Remove the spline that’s holding the screen in place.
– Hint: Start in the corner where there is a break in the spline, where it joins.
2. Cut a new piece of screen material so that you can re-screen the screen.
– Hint: You can do a rough cut, just make sure you have enough that it covers more than the frame.
3. Re-spline the spline so that the screen is now secured in the frame.
– Hint: Use the spline roller to set the spline back into the track.
4. Cut away any excess screen.
– Hint: Use a utility knife.
Now you have a brand new screen!
Check back for more great tips from Doug!
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks