How To In 60 Seconds
In this DIY 60 second fix, Doug shows us how to install an LED light into a high hat.
The only supplies you will need are the new LED high hat lights.
1. Pull out mounting plate (where traditional socket for bulb is)
– Hint: Back off screw on side of high hat can to release plate.
2. Disconnect the socket by pushing on the two tabs on either side of socket
– Hint: Pull plate out once disconnected.
3. Connect the new LED socket to the attachment
– Hint: This screw into place.
4. Take the connector on the end of the LED socket and clip it into the new LED light.
– Hint: They snap together.
5. Put the spring wires into the clips on either side of the can.
– Hint: Do one side at a time.
6. Once the spring wires are connected, slide it flush against the high hat can.
And you have new LED high hats!
Check back for more 60 second fixes from Doug Cornwell.
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks