Solace® Double Hung Windows combine the look of traditional wood windows with the performance of today’s most technologically-advanced glass systems to give you the best in both beauty and performance. That combination plus the fact that Solace® Windows are virtually maintenance-free mean you won’t have to spend your time painting and staining.
- Advantex® Fiberglass reinforced structural sash rails for maximum strength.
- Draft block triple weather-stripping seals offer the best in draft protection making your home more comfortable.
- Coved interior glazing bead adds beauty, while contoured lift rails allow for easy and comfortable operation.
- Pre-tensioned, dual pulley Block & Tackle balance system for a lifetime of worry-free operation.
- Pick resistant locks provide added security.
- Ventilation night latches allow you to enjoy a nice breeze without fully opening your window.
- Extruded aluminum screen frame with heavy-duty aluminum corners for trouble free performance.
- Glide into a whole new frame of mind with two-lite or three-lite Solace® Sliding Windows.
Sliding windows offer the appeal of traditionally styled windows while providing the performance benefits of today’s advanced window technology. Available in a wide choice of colors and glass styles, your new sliding windows will bring splendor and comfort to your home.
You can choose either a standard slider with lift out sashes or the tilt-in-slider with easy swing in sashes for a greater view of the great outdoors. All from the comfort of your home.
- Easy lift out sashes on the traditional sliding windows.
- Narrow line window design for greater visible glass area.
- Advantex® Fiberglass structural sash rails for added strength.
- PINK polyurethane insulated window frames offer higher resistance to heat and cold providing you with added comfort.
- Coved interior glazing bead for added beauty.
- Tandem dual brass rollers with stainless steel axle for easy sliding (lift out only).
- Pick resistant locks provide added security.
- Ventilation night latches allow fixed position venting for fresh air flow.
- Extruded aluminum screen frames with heavy-duty aluminum corners for worry free performance.
Enjoy the versatility and stunning good looks of your new Solace® Casement Windows. Enjoy easy operation with stylish and functional hardware that allow your windows to open to a full 90-degrees for easy, trouble-free cleaning from inside your home.
Also, you can say good-bye to uncomfortable drafts. That’s because our casement and awning windows have one of the lowest air infiltration rates in the industry. They are built to last, and feature three continuous seals of weather-stripping to ensure every day will be a comfortable one no matter what the season.
- Standard fold down handle designed to minimize window treatment interference.
- Casement Windows open for easy and stress-free cleaning.
- Triple weather-stripping for air tight performance.
- Adjustable hinge system to ensure square fit.
- Single lever low profile locking handle.
- Multi-point locking system features heavy-duty hardware with up to three locking points for increased resistance to forced entry.
A Solace® Bay or Bow window in your favorite room adds instant curb appeal from the outside, while giving you an impressive view from the inside.
With our large, beautiful windows, you don’t have to compromise your comfort level, either. Solace® Window’s high-performance glass options help protect your home furnishings from UV rays that cause fading, and helps protect you from those uncomfortable dips in temperature common with old windows.
- Exterior surface of wood is capped with vinyl for protection against the elements.
- A wide oak veneer seat, head and jambs is standard.
- Concealed cable support system for strong and level installation is available.
- Fully insulated cavity for maximum efficiency.
- Ice and water shield barriers protect wood from adverse weather which helps protect the overall integrity of the bay and bow unit.
- Insulated urethane seat board is available in single and double insulation packages.
Built with big views and high performance in mind, your new sliding door has thick tempered safety glass surrounded by a sculpted sash frame for added architectural detail. The structural three-point locking system is actuated with a simple turn of the knob or the use of a key for easy operation and even greater security.
Every Solace® Sliding Door has a concealed three-point locking system that is recessed in the door panel. Three locks simultaneously engage into the keepers in the door jamb when the door is closed.
- Solace® Sliding Doors also are available in configurations up to 12 feet wide where the center section slides and the two end sections are stationary.
- Lifetime Finish brass handle reduces chance of tarnishing and pitting.
- Three-point locking system for added security and peace of mind.
- Optional combination ventilation and dead bolt foot lock for improved security.
- Quad seal weather-stripping provides added maximum resistance to air and water infiltration.
- Top hung screen provides smooth trouble free operation with no hang-ups.
- Twin tandem oversized 1 1/2 diameter steel rolling system for undisturbed operation.
- Operating trapezoid windows open away from your home to allow maximum air flow.
- Seat board available in single and double insulation packages.
- Formica seat available for a clean, waterproof surface safe for indoor plants. This option is recommended when using the window space for live plants and flowers.
- Standard adjustable height glass shelf.
Owens Corning’s Solace® Windows provide comfort and energy efficiency and they look beautiful doing so. With choices of six interior colors including four woodgrain options and up to five exterior colors, you can mix and match to suit your home’s style and beauty.
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks