How To In 60 Seconds
Ever wonder where that draft was coming from and how to stop a draft? Well, Doug Cornwell offers some tips to discover and plug those leaky drafts in his latest how to in 60 seconds.
What you’ll need:
– Flexible weatherstripping
– A helper
1. Shut the lights on the inside and have someone on the outside with a flashlight.
– Hint: Shine the light around the frame and you will be able to see where the light shines through, is a potential for drafts.
2. Take some flexible weatherstripping and apply it to the face of the door stop where the light was.
– Hint: Apply the sticky side to the door stop.
3. Rerun the test by shutting the lights on the inside and using the flashlight to go over the spots where you put the weatherstripping.
– Hint: You should not see the light where the weatherstripping is now.
And now your door is draft free! Check back for more 60 second fixes from Doug Cornwell.
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks