How To Stop A Door From Opening Fully In 60 Second
How To In 60 Seconds
Alure Home Improvements’ Doug Cornwell demonstrates an easy way to prevent a door from slamming into a wall in this how to in 60 seconds.
What you’ll need:
– Screw driver
– Hinge Stop
1. Pop out the top hinge pin.
– Hint: Use a hammer and a screw driver and hit it into the bottom of the hinge pin.
2. Put the hinge pin that you just took out through the hinge stop.
– Hint: You only want to put it on the top part of the hinge pin.
3. Put the hinge pin and stopper back into the hinge and set it to whatever opening you want.
– Hint: It adjusts and will sit up against the moulding of the door.
4. Open the door and try it to see if the opening works for you.
– Hint: If the opening does not work, readjust it by turning the top part of the hinge stopper.
5. Tap the hinge back down.
– Hint: Make sure it’s good and tight.
Now you have a full accessing door, however it now does not slam into the wall anymore. Check back soon for more 60 second fixes from Doug Cornwell.
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks