How To In 60 Seconds
In this edition of our 60 Second How To DIY Series, Doug Cornwell shows you how to fix your GFCI outlet. He shows you how to deal with that pesky issue with outlets where you plug something in and it does not turn on. Ever have to walk out with a wet head of hair in the dead of winter when some like this happens?
– Remove everything from the outlet.
– Check the test button on your outlet.
Hint: If you hit test and don’t hear anything, your outlet could be tripped.
– Check the reset button on the outlet.
Hint: If you press it in and hear it click in, this is a good thing.
– Now plug back in whatever you were using and turn it on.
You should now be good to go! 🙂
Is there a pesky problem that you would like to see Doug fix in his how to in 60 second series, leave us a comment and let us know!
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks