How To In 60 Seconds
In this 60 second DIY series, Doug Cornwell shows us how to check a circuit breaker panel.
If your outlet or light is not working, the first place that you should check is your circuit breaker panel.
1. Open the panel door.
– Hint: Slide the lever to open
2. Check to see if they are all pushed to the middle.
– Hint: Double check them by pushing on all of them to make sure that none of them have become loose and tripped.
3. Another way that you can tell if a circuit is tripped is if one of the breakers is flipped in the opposite direction.
4. If you find a breaker that is in the wrong direction, flip it to the middle so that it is in a locked position.
– Hint: You will hear the breaker click into place.
That’s it, your circuits should be good to go!
Check back for another 60 second fix from Doug!
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks