Learn About Window Tax Credits and the Benefits of Energy-Efficient Windows for Long Island, NY, Homeowners
Energy-efficient windows are a significant upgrade from standard windows. They can help decrease your energy bills, protect your home and belongings from UV rays, and maintain comfortable temperatures in your home. Plus, energy-efficient windows on your Long Island, New York, home can save you money through window tax credits and other means.
Energy-Efficient Window Tax Credits
The IRA offers tax credits to homeowners who make energy-saving updates to homes, which can include energy-efficient windows. These tax credits are useful because they reduce your tax liability for the year. You can have up to a 30% tax credit that caps at $1,200.
NYSERDA’s Comfort Home Program
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) offers a convenient way to invest in a more efficient home now and more affordable clean heating options in the future. Throughout New York State, they provide a Comfort Home program with packages ranging from $1,000 to $4,000. You can max out at $4,000 for working with an approved contractor to install certain retrofits, insulate your walls and floors, and install ENERGY STAR windows throughout your home.
ENERGY STAR Certified Windows
ENERGY STAR is a program run by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that promotes energy efficiency. They rate products to determine if they are ENERGY STAR certified. For a window to be an ENERGY STAR window, it must be:
- Manufactured by an ENERGY STAR partner
- Independently tested, certified, certified, and verified by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC)
- NFRC rated to meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Energy-Efficient Window Features
ENERGY STAR doesn’t require specific technologies, but ENERGY STAR-rated windows often have:
- High-quality frame – Some good frame material options include fiberglass, vinyl, aluminum, wood, and composite. The frame should increase your window’s durability, improve insulation, and reduce heat transfer.
- Multiple panes – The more panes of glass your window has, the greater energy efficiency, impact resistance, and sound insulation it will have.
- Low-E glass – This coating reflects infrared light, which keeps heat inside in winter and outside in summer. It also reflects damaging ultraviolet light to protect your home’s furnishings.
- Gas fills – Argon, krypton, and other gases can be put between your window’s panes to improve insulation. These gases are odorless, colorless, and non-toxic.
- Warm edge spacers – Spacers ensure that a window’s panes are the ideal distance apart. Additionally, non-metallic spacers insulate pane edges to reduce heat transfer through your window.
Get New Windows for Your Home
Getting energy-efficient windows for your home is easy with Alure Home Improvements. We are an expert in the window industry with decades of experience installing windows. Our team installs MaxSeries windows, which are designed specifically to be energy efficient in the Long Island, NY, climate. We offer windows from the EcoMAX, SuperMAX, and UltraMax lines.
Contact Alure Home Improvements today to learn more about window tax credits and schedule a free consultation.
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks