How To Adjust The Pop Up In Your Sink In 60 Seconds
How To In 60 Seconds
Doug is dealing with an annoying bathroom sink drain. In this weeks #DIY 60 Second Fix, learn how some minor adjustments to the mechanism that controls the pop up drain stopper can restore harmony with you and your bathroom sink!
There can be one of two issues when it comes to the pop up in your sink. Either the pop up continues to fall down and won’t stay up or it doesn’t pop up high enough. This video shows you how to fix both.
If your pop up doesn’t stay up:
– The nut on the lift rod is too loose.
– Tighten the nut with your hand, not a wrench.
– Hint: The nut has ridges that you will feel when turning.
If it is not popping up high enough:
– Set the lift rod all the way down.
– Adjust the lift rod through the faucet to it’s lowest point.
– Hint: You want to make sure that you can’t push it all the way down and stop before you get the pop up all the way up.
Check back next week for another 60 second fix from Doug Cornwell!
- Additions and New Construction
- All Exteriors
- Customer Service
- Customer Stories
- Design & Planning Show
- Educational Resources
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Fashion Show
- General Remodeling
- Green Living
- Handyman Home Services
- Home Decor
- Home Entertainment
- Home Improvement
- Home Improvements
- How to Tips
- In The Community
- Off-the-Wall Remodeling Stories
- Social Media
- Tips & Tricks