If you’re considering having vinyl siding installed on your home, you’ll be glad to know that Alure also has extensive experience installing soffit and fascia. Our siding experts will help you choose the right options for your home and complete a precise installation to ensure lasting performance.Learn More
If you’ve started researching siding installations, you’ve probably come across the term “soffit” on numerous occasions and wondered what it meant. Soffit is the material that’s installed on the underside of your roof’s overhang, providing it with a finished appearance. In addition to its aesthetic benefits, soffit also protects your home from pests and the elements.
Plus, if you opt for ventilated soffit, it can help maintain air flow in your attic space. Over time, heat from the sun and from the interior of your house causes the temperature in your attic to rise, and if the space isn’t properly ventilated, it can lead to the following problems:
- Your roof shingles can begin to deteriorate more quickly.
- Ice dams can form, which in turn can result in roof leaks.
- Increased humidity levels in your attic can encourage the growth of mold and mildew.
- It can be more difficult to keep the interior of your home at a comfortable temperature, which can increase the strain on your HVAC system and lead to higher energy costs.
Fascia is the portion of siding that’s located directly above the soffit, in front of the roof’s overhang. Fascia plays a number of important roles:
- It serves as an attachment point for gutters.
- It provides support to the bottom row of roof shingles or tiles.
- It helps protect your home from moisture infiltration.
- It complements the exterior of your house and boosts curb appeal.
When hiring a company to install vinyl siding on your home, it’s important to select one with experience installing soffit and fascia, as well. You can rest easy knowing that Alure has extensive experience in this area and is up to date on the latest installation techniques and design trends.Learn More
Time and again, Alure Home Improvements has been recognized as a leader in the remodeling industry for delivering superior work at a great value, along with remarkable customer service. Trust, credibility, peace of mind – these are the bedrocks that our reputation was built on.
Simply fill out the form below and we’ll send the guide to you right away. We are happy to be your friend in the business, so please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have!