The Ferro Foundation Scholarship
The Ferro Foundation was established in 2017. It’s first endeavor was to create a Scholarship Fund to help Long Island students finance their college education. The Foundation is committed to provide one 4 year scholarship of $2,500 per year to a student who meets certain community and academic qualifications.
About The Ferro Foundation
The Ferro Foundation is a non-profit corporation developed to help Long Islanders. It provides a Scholarship Fund for Long Island students but also has a mission to assist others in need. In addition to providing scholarship support based on need and academic promise, the Ferro Foundation also supports Long Islanders with financial assistance related to housing and health related expenses, as well as those not-for-profit agencies supporting similar causes.
We also hope to inspire others in our community to get involved and help us all make a collective difference in people’s lives by following the simple TEAM concept…Together Everyone Accomplishes More.
The Foundation was started and is led by Alure Home Improvements’ President and CEO Sal Ferro. Sal Ferro has been instrumental in the Long Island Community for decades. He has supported dozens of Long Island philanthropic organizations and single handedly spearheaded one of Long Island’s Largest philanthropic volunteer endeavors. He inspired thousands of Long Islanders to join Alure as they performed 2 of their 8 episodes for ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition right here in Long Island where Sal Ferro and Alure call home.
Attention Long Island Students! This is about you!
Each year, the Ferro Foundation provides one 4 year scholarship of $2,500 per year, to a promising undergraduate in financial need. This program is for a diligent student with high academic standards and strong ties to our community. If you think you fit that description, the Ferro Foundation would like to help. After all, there are no shortcuts on the road to success, but there shouldn’t be any stop signs, either.
Please include information, in an essay, about your current financial obligations. Please be aware that if you are a finalist for the Ferro Foundation Scholarship, you will be required to provide documentation verifying your family’s annual income.
- Must be a Long Island, NY Resident attending a Long Island, NY School.
- Must be an undergraduate freshman. All majors of study are accepted.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and complete both a personal statement and an essay.
- Essay must be 1,000 – 1,500 words entitled “Alure Scholarship.”
- Student must provide their .edu email address and full name on the essay document.
How to Apply
The personal statement must not exceed 500 words and include a persuasive reason as to why you are in financial need of the scholarship award and how a scholarship would help you complete your education.
The essay must answer following prompt:
The essay must answer the following prompt: What are three (3) core values you believe a business should have to maintain a healthy work environment that can help it grow?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
The Ferro Foundation
Attention: Scholarship Program
70 Mall Drive
Commack, NY 11725
Deadline & Award Dates
- Essay postmarked by December 1st, annually.
- Winner chosen by January 15th, annually.
- Final Transcript by June 30th, annually.
Terms and Conditions (Alure.com)
- The applicant must be an incoming undergraduate freshman at the time of their application to be eligible for the entire award.
- The applicant must be a Long Island, NY Resident attending a Long Island, NY School.
- The Ferro Foundation Inc. is a 501(c)(3) of the New York Not-for-Profit Corporation Law (the “NPCL”), the responsible party for scholarship disbursements.
- In order to confirm enrollment, The Ferro Foundation may ask the applicant to provide personal information (like student birthdate or ID). If the financial aid office requires verification to grant The Ferro Foundation access to student records, it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with The Ferro Foundation in a timely manner.
- A portion of The Ferro Foundation Scholarship will be disbursed every year, for up to four (4) years ($2,500/year). The winner will be required to maintain a 3.0 GPA to receive the disbursement each year following the initial disbursement. In order to receive the disbursement for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, the student must submit their official transcript and a unique letter of recommendation from a professor by June 30th each year to continue receiving the disbursement. This must be done annually for three (3) years after the initial disbursement until the $10,000 is awarded.
- If the student does not meet a 3.0 GPA or submit the required documents by June 3oth each year, the student will forfeit the remainder of the disbursement and will not be able to reapply.
- The Ferro Foundation will not be held accountable for notifying students to submit any documents.
- The Ferro Foundation Scholarship funds will be submitted directly to a financial aid office of the institution that matches the student’s primary .edu email address.
- If the applicant doesn’t meet the eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement, The Ferro Foundation reserves the right to withhold the award.
- The Ferro Foundation, Alure Home Improvements employees, installers and their immediate families are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. The Ferro Foundation and Alure Home Improvements dealers, vendors and their immediate families are not eligible to apply.
- In the event that no applicant meets the requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude to win the scholarship, The Ferro Foundation reserves the right to withhold awarding the scholarship.