Douglas Cornwell, President for Alure Home Improvements, began his career at Alure in 1994.
Doug earned his bachelors degree from Muhlenberg College in 1975 and added an MBA and a MS-HRM from St. Joseph’s College in 2009 and 2011.
Doug has been involved in the remodeling business since 1976 as a designer, installer and owner of a local remodeling company. He joined Alure Home Improvements in September of 1994 and served in several roles over the years including Project Manager, Department Manager, Executive Director, VP of Operations and Chief Operating Officer. Currently, Doug serves as Alure’s President with responsibilities ranging from operations to compliance and legal issues.
Doug earned his accreditation as a CKD in 1984 and was certified by The Nassau County Supreme Court as an expert in Residential Remodeling in 2005. He was instrumental in planning, designing and completing Alure’s eight builds for ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Cornwell was the recipient of the St. Joseph’s College Thomas A. Doherty Award for Ethical Leadership in March 2010 and served on the Graduate Management Studies Executive Advisory Board from 2010-2013. Doug has been recently added to the Business Department’s adjunct faculty beginning in 2014, is an avid sports fan, enjoys golfing, watching sports and doing small projects around the house.
Awards & Achievements:
• 1984 Certified Kitchen Designer Certificate (CKD)
• 2005 Certified as an expert in Residential Remodeling by Nassau County Supreme Court
• 2010 Thomas A. Doherty Award for Ethical Leadership
• 2010-2013 Served on Graduate Management Studies Executive Advisory Board
• Lead Project Manager in 8 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Builds
• Dale Carnegie Leadership Training
• Tony Robbins Unleash the Power Within
“True leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders.”– Tom Peters
What I Love About Alure:
Our family atmosphere, our ethics and our commitment to the community.